How to conquer REELS in 6 easy steps – expert Instagram hacks
by Miranda Pearce,
Aesthetics Marketing Expert
Miranda Pearce shares her secret discovery – a quick, clever and easy way to do great Instagram ‘reels’.
Instagram reels are are short form video that can be found on the Instagram app that allow you to create up to a 30 second little informal videos.
This works even if you DON’T have Instagram reels enabled and even if you’re not great at Instagram!
How to conquer REELS in 6 easy steps…even if you’re rubbish at Insta
There’s something you need to know before I teach you how to smash Reels.
I do not have Reels.
You read that right.
Insta still hasn’t given me that function on my account 😂 and despite all my efforts to get them…still, nothing.
But before you abandon this blog and move on, check out the stonkin’ insights on this Reel-style video I did on Thursday.
Reel-Style Video Results
- 5,592 reach – that’s how many unique users saw this instagram post
- 311 likes – how many gave us a ‘heart’
- 176 comments – its great engagement when people take time to give feedback on your post
- 18 saves – these people wanted to be able to find the post again, so they bookmarked it for future reference!
- 69 profile visits – this means they clicked through to the main page
Simple way to make your own Reel-style videos
Ideal for Aesthetics marketing
I just used TikTok and posted it to Insta, after taking off the TikTok logo using a downloader app.
I’ve done 13 Reel-style vids so far and they’ve all done SO well. Better than my image posts, which shows you the direction-of-travel of the Insta algo…
Towards rewarding short, raw videos, and away from art-gallery perfection.
Speaking plainly, if you’re not already doing Reels, you’re doing yourself out of clients.
From what I’ve seen so far, I pretty much guarantee you will get more new enquiries if you do Reels consistently.
Below is a simple 6-step formula for how to get going with Reels:
How to smash Reels in 6 simple steps:
- Think of a belief that holds your patients back from having treatment, e.g. ‘Lip fillers will hurt’
- Jot down 3 TRUTHS about that belief e.g. you’ll use LMX; there’s lidocaine in the syringe; the needles are smaller than people think
- Swipe right in Insta, choose Reels
- Choose a song you like (don’t overthink this)
- Film yourself pointing in 4 different places with a bit of a pause each time
- Put 4 bits of text over the top of the 4 different points saying:
- Does lip filler hurt? 3 things you need to know…
- I use numbing cream
- The filler contains a numbing agent
- The needles are smaller than you think!
- Does lip filler hurt? 3 things you need to know…
For extra algo juice, add a final piece of text at the end saying ‘Like if this helped’.
Et voila, you’re in the Reels game 👊
PPS: There will be a full Reels tutorial in my new marketing e-learning course.
Get yourself on the waiting list.
For more information…
See our recent Aesthetics Mastery show on how to make the most of Instagram reels.
Dr Tim Pearce says:
“Miranda is the driving force behind some of our amazing growth over the last 18 months. She’s been working on marketing on my page, you can see my Instagram has grown from five to 35,000 in just 18 months with Miranda driving that project. “
Instagram reels is essentially Instagram’s response to the phenomenal growth of TikTok over the last year. Miranda explains:
“Zuckerberg is wanting all of the users of social media to come over to Instagram, or rather not to leave for TikTok, then he’s going to want to make sure that those content creators who are making Reels are rewarded with lots of lovely algorithm juice. So when you make Reels, those Reels are going to be placed in front of more of your followers and the non-followers as well…
“You’re just getting loads more juicy reach, and that’s why it’s so powerful.”
The short format of reels has a number of advantages:
- 30 second length = very easy to consume
- Music makes them more informal
- Choppy style – naturally more engaging
- Format helps providers to connect with the client
New Marketing eLearning Course
Dream Customer Attraction Method
Coming soon – an innovative eLearning course to help aesthetics clinicians to produce the best possible marketing campaigns for their own aesthetics businesses.
The Dream Customer Attraction Method will help you get new clients and build your business through a deeper understanding of your customer.
It’s about building value, both in business and the way your customers see you, which will help you to attract AND convert more customers to your aesthetics business.
DCAM course topics
- Meet your Dream Customer
- Pillars of value
- How to develop content
- Vital ASA information (Advertising Standards Authority)
- Instagram mastery
- Video mastery
Dream Customer Attraction Method course contents
- 17 eLearning videos (approx 7 hours of online tuition in core aesthetics marketing skills and knowledge)
- Real marketing success story master-casts
- Audio book MP4 download
- DCAM success planner (slides, worksheets, diary, Content Cupboard templates)
- Planner pdf download
- Done-for-you Hit Pots Library (Word document)
- Engagement calculator (Excel document)
- 4 weeks’ live coaching calls (2 x 4 hours)
- Lifetime access to dedicated Facebook & WhatsApp groups
How To Buy
Miranda Pearce and the marketing team are working hard producing the vast amounts of content and resources that this course will include. We are planning to launch it at the end of May – watch this space for more information!
Join our waiting list
To be the first to know about this course, please sign up at DCAM waiting list.
Dr Tim Pearce eLearning
Dr Tim Pearce MBChB BSc (Hons) MRCGP founded his eLearning concept in 2017 in order to provide readily accessible BOTOX® and dermal filler online courses for fellow Medical Aesthetics practitioners. His objective was to raise standards within the industry – a principle which remains just as relevant today.
Thousands of delegates have benefited from the courses and we’re highly rated on Trustpilot too. For more information or to discuss which course is right for you, please get in touch with our friendly team via email on email@example.com or using the contact form below.